Monday 11 March 2013

Trilby, Crybbe & the Cherry Barkwells


Hello bloggy friends - it's Magic back :-) I'm not too happy about having pictures taken right now as I'm feeling not at all glamorous - trying to hide my tummy here from prying eyes! And then to make it worse Trilby comes back from showing off at Crufts with a rosette for Reserve in Good Citizen Bitch (Miniature Schnauzers). My name was there in the catalogue but I would have stood no chance like this I know:-(


Here she is looking so sweet with her rosette (and one of Crybbe's) 


As you can see Crybbe made sure he not only won more rosettes than Trilby but also had new toys and cakes to celebrate.

Crybbe gained Reserve in Limit Dog and then went on to take the 1st prize in Good Citizen Dog!


Here are some of the toys Judith brought back from Crufts - for us ALL Crybbe!


and these are the delicious Cherry Barkwell Tarts for Dogs :-)

Well after Crybbe had posed for his picture, he thought he would make a grab for those tarts before anyone else could get them:



He was sure he could get the lid off and grab one but...


they started slipping off the sofa and who was there to grab one instead?


Trilby!

Well Trilby did quite well all round actually because she also got a lovely winter jacket from the pet365 stand at Crufts too. Here she is in her red Hurtta jacket just in time for the cold blustery weather we're having right now. Snow again today.


That's the end of the Crufts extravaganza for this year. If anyone is interested in knowing about the overall Best in Show winner, it was a sweet Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen called Jilly and you can see her picture by clicking here Anyway I will be back later in the week to let you know how things are going with me. My whelping box has been put up again and Leigh is sleeping on the sofa downstairs by my comfortable Orvis memory foam bed in case I need to go out in the night or require a late night snack or such. It's very trying being pregnant with the hunger cravings, and the occasional need for a soothing stroke or words of comfort but I'm managing :-)


6 comments:

  1. Aw Magic, you having babies! I was pregnant too but lost my little baby a few days ago so its been a sad time but your photos have made me smile :D You do look rather cross in that first photo but understandibly so! ;) Trilby looks very proud of her rosettes, that photo made me giggle! Glad you enjoyed the bakewells! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad to hear about your loss - I hope you can begin to smile again soon. We all send hugs and healing thoughts to you - Magic & family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats all around. What a swag of Rosettes!!!!

    Where we go to 'camp' they have Petite Basset Griffon Vendeen--supposedly they were the first to import them. Sounds like it could be a relative.

    XXXOOO Daisy, bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there I'm Milo!!
    Congratulations with crufts!! And you are having babies!!! That is so cool!! Cannot wait to see the little guys, i bets they will drive you up the wall!!
    Love Milo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to Trilby and Crybbe on winning your rosettes!
    I bet those cherry barkwells were very tasty. We bought terrier shaped biscuits and chicken dinner muffins :-)
    Trilby's jacket looks very cosy and who would have guessed she'd need it right now for this cold weather in March.
    Try to rest Magic, not long now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahem... looks like someone's trying to steal the limelight of this blog, as well. No worries, Magic. I am one of your many loyalist. And just so you know, you still look pretty to me.

    Congratulations to Trilby and Crybbe.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete